Video essays are found in academic journals, web sites of film publications, and on blogs and sites of film criticism all over the Web.
We will update this site often with a list of individual video essays, and a bibliography of scholarly articles.
- An online forum for video essays about films and moving image texts, film and moving image studies, and film theory.
- Practice and Theory in Videographic Film and Moving Image Studies
- A collaboration between MediaCommonsand the Society for Cinema and Media Studies’ official publication, Cinema Journal – is the first peer-reviewed academic journal of videographic film and moving image studies.
Audiovisual Thinking: the Journal of Academic Videos
- Audiovisual Thinking is a leading journal of academic videos about audiovisuality, communication, media and design. The journal is a pioneering forum where academics and educators can articulate, conceptualize and disseminate their research about audiovisuality and audiovisual culture through the medium of video.
- This web site is built on a mix of original video essays and critical, personal writing about film, TV, and their connection to broader cultural concerns.
- Collection of various video essays on Vimeo.
- Fandor‘s online film journal on You Tube.
- A collection of video essays by kogonada who regularly contributes to Sight and Sound
- Kevin B. Lee’s video essays on Vimeo. He is a film critic, filmmaker, and producer of over 100 video essays on film and television. He is Founding Editor and Chief Video Essayist at Fandor Keyframe and founding partner of dGenerate Films.
- Collection of video essays by Omar Ahmed